Santa Fe Pleasure Dome


History:    Built new as Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF) #505 (One of six); Assigned to “Super Chief” pool from January 1951 to 1971; Amtrak #9355, 1971-1981; Mr. Lou Bradas, private owner, 1981; On loan to PLA from Mr. Bradas, June 1981; Moved to Niles Canyon in big move of Jan 8, 2005. Returned to service Dec 2009.  In service, Brightside, CA

87' / Stainless-steel, Lightweight / 76 tons (“Pleasure Dome”)


Photo Albums Soon

In Service


  1. 1.unknown

Web links